50 Characteristics of Healthy Relationships
What you know and like about your partner should tell you a lot.
If you can say yes to most of these, it’s very likely you’re in a healthy relationship:
1. You can name your partnerâ€™s best friend and identify a positive quality that the person has.
2. You and your partner are playful with each other.
3. You think your partner has good ideas.
4. Youâ€™d like to become more like your partner, at least in some ways.
5. Even when you disagree, you can acknowledge your partner makes sensible points.
6. You think about each other when youâ€™re not physically together.
7. You see your partner as trustworthy.
8. In relationship-relevant areas such as warmth and attractiveness, you view your partner a little bit more positively than they view themselves or than most other people view them.
9. You enjoy the ways your partner has changed and grown since you met.
10. Your partner is enthusiastic when something goes right for you.
11. When you reunite at the end of the day, you say something positive before you say something negative.
12. You reminisce about positive experiences you’ve had together in the past.
13. You can name one of your partnerâ€™s favorite books.
14. You know your partnerâ€™s aspirations in life.
15. You can recall something you did together that was new and challenging for both of you.