10 Ways To Start Living Zero Waste – Zero Waste Bloggers Network
This article will comprise of two sections. Section A will have a list of 10 easy steps to help you getting started Living Zero Waste. Yup, just a list of 10 easy changes to make. Easy things like using alternatives products or methods.
Once you’ve read the list, and seen how simple the 10 steps are, you can proceed to Section B for more information on the 10 steps. The juicier bit.
Ready? Let’s go!
Section A: 10 Easy Steps
- Switch to reusable bags and jars for shopping, and invest in a refillable water bottle
- Get rid of disposables – Bags, Straws, Containers, etc.
- Use your own containers / Travel Kit and pack your own lunch
- Recycle – Light Bulbs, Printer Cartridges, etc.
- Compost – Food scraps, paper, etc. Switch to compostable items
- Clever shopping and planning to reduce food waste
- Buy in bulk – preferably organic and especially local
- Replace with waste free products or make your own
- Go digital and get rid of junk mail
- Minimize, downsize and say No to unwanted stuff.